Honors Biology Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Great Pacific Garbage Patch

+16
Suga-Mama
Siillee-Differenter
Richiee12
penguin94
tw33tybirdn3rd
RylesTuesday
tweetywizard
Yofeetstink
PaulyD
gamerdude94
timmy buck buck
krazedxasylum
aMAIZEing94
iluvowls
violinist13
Admin
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

3rd Hour Discussion Board - Great Pacific Garbage Patch - Page 3 Empty Re: 3rd Hour Discussion Board - Great Pacific Garbage Patch

Post  calientelabios234 Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:40 pm

penguin94 wrote:I didnt even know that this "garbage patch" even existed until i saw the video and read the article! that shows how little we know about our environment. i think that the word should be spread out to everyone. after all, WE are causing the problem. WE invented plastic and so WE should be held responsible for how it is disposed of; not by littering because that will only end up in the ocean, but by reusing it. if we dont do something, the garbage will only end up harming us. the plankton, fish, and birds that eat this not only kills them, but when we eat them, it causes damage to our own bodies. the article mentions that these clusters of garbage can hold a large concentration of toxins. we swim, drink, and eat the animals that are in the water, thereby ingesting the toxins ourselves! WE COULD DIE!! affraid

I agree penguin94...we should me held accountable for this because this is our planet...it was a gift! If it wasn't for God and his mercies we would be here right now. And we should not treat what He has given us like crap.
calientelabios234
calientelabios234

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3