Honors Biology Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5th Hour - Voices of Concern

+8
Communistkid
MiszCheesekake41
londylou
smiley11
20north_star12
whatitdochickado
earthycolors
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

5th Hour - Voices of Concern - Page 2 Empty Re: 5th Hour - Voices of Concern

Post  Love_Muffins Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Communistkid wrote:
I believe we should use a combination of law and tech to solve this crisis. Limit the amount of kids an unintelligent person can have to 1, and (to only but the smartest) limit it to 5 for others. Offenders should be neutered. Tech should be continued to increase the capacity of the earth. Thanks to the before mentioned law we would easily have the bright minds to continue increasing it. Is there anyone idiotic enough to say MOTHER NATURE should take care of this? If so please be the next peson to dumbly try to stand out a hurricane. Yeah I said it, people who stay in an area that is going to be hit by a spiral of pure choatic water and wind should not be allowed to reproduce.

Survival of the intelligent.

Really I'm so surprise that we are on the same page scratch . I MEAN LIKE REALLY REALLY REALLY MUY MUY MUCHO X 100 SURPRISE Shocked affraid . I agree with you 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.99%. I think that i kind of said the same thing, but nicer. Laughing
Love_Muffins
Love_Muffins

Back to top Go down

5th Hour - Voices of Concern - Page 2 Empty Re: 5th Hour - Voices of Concern

Post  Love_Muffins Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Communistkid wrote:
MiszCheesekake41 wrote:
londylou wrote:Should we use technology to extend the carrying capacity of the Earth (ie. use technology to grow more food, keep people alive longer, cure disease, etc.) or should we allow Mother Nature's limiting factors do their job to limit population growth? What are the moral and ethical implications of your stance on this issue?

No we should not. I dont understand how adding more food to the world and enabling people to live longer can extend the carrying capacity. That doesnt do anything for the amount of living space available. And wouldnt more people mean less oil? Less renewable resources? More global warming? Why add to the current problems at hand? "Mother Nature" does what she does for a reason and I dont know why people feel the need to change it. And what if a mysterious virus breaks out and causes a pandemic? Or if a zombie apocolypse happens? It would simply spread throughout the entire world much quickly with all the extra people around. That is all =)

Hey thats a good point. If theres a virus that breaks out and it spreads throuhout this increased population , everyone will end up dying anyway, So mother nature should be left alone and people need to let her do her thing. Razz
-LondyLou

So i shouldn't stany inside when theres a tornado? or hail? or snow? The point of renewable resources is that they can be forever farmed, you just need to have correct procedures. We no longer truly need oil. More food would allow for more people actually. There has never been a pandemic. Reanimated corpses that, for some odd reason, crave flesh? Besides the fact that dead brains equal absolutely no body movement.

i think many ppl are just saying what ms. h said in class. I mean its stupid to not have a mind of your own.
Love_Muffins
Love_Muffins

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2