Honors Biology Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour - China's Population

+13
heyitssharkweek
Suga-Mama
tweetywizard
Yofeetstink
Siillee-Differenter
tw33tybirdn3rd
Richiee12
violinist13
gamerdude94
Flipper
aMAIZEing94
iluvowls
Admin
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3rd Hour - China's Population - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - China's Population

Post  timmy buck buck Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:02 am

gamerdude94 wrote:I think china's solution to solving the population problem is irrational. You can limit the amount of children someone can have but they might do like most people do and abandon baby girls. The families only want to have boys so they will only keep the boys. Therefore the population will keep growing regardless. China needs to inform people like the doctors did in the video that girls are as equal as boys. This might help solve the problem of overpopulation.

This very true but i think the abandonment of girls will do the opposite effect, it might decrease the population due to lack of women meaning that the men cant all find wifes to mate with. This is also true because most of those abandoned girls are either killed or sent to an orphanage where they are sent to america with an american family. Other than that I agree that they should treat women as equals and that the government should inform its people about the equality of women in the chinese society.
timmy buck buck
timmy buck buck

Back to top Go down

Post  calientelabios234 Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:37 am

[/quote] I think that at times, it is ethical for the government to "step in" and retain balance, but the constant pressure of the government always being there is too much for society to handle. I think that the Chinese government could have handled the situation better. I think that a reasonable number of kids is two. That way, the child will have a playmate and there will be a better chance of having one child of a different sex. This would most likely solve the "all male" problem currently going on in China. I understand that China is a Communist country and that they believe in the good of the state. Well, if they want the country to succeed, then they should adopt, or encourage people to adopt, or provide homes for those baby girls that are being abandoned. There would be less violence and less chance of rebellion. Not that I am partial to Communism or anything... [/quote]

I personally agree with you, because of course the government should step in and intervene when there is a crisis in there state. But I do not think they logically thought and explored the problems that comes with limiting their citizens from having more children, and that has major problems because now its an uneven amount of boys, which they are already reaping the reaper-cautions from that law, with violence.
calientelabios234
calientelabios234

Back to top Go down

Post  timmy buck buck Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:48 am

krazedxasylum wrote:What do you think about China's population solution? Do you think it is ethical for a government to mandate how many children a person can have and punish them for not following those guidelines? Why or why not?

This is a complete outrage that China's government would mandate how many children one can have. How is this in anyway morally correct? the body is not made o always have one child. there is something known as wins which can occur. So i don't think hat by having more than one child, you should be punished. Also, i don't think i is acceptable that it is seen that only boys are worth having. To have a child, you must have a man and women, and to only want one to be born has cause serious societal issues. China needs to rethink its priorities because mandating how many children you can have and being punished by not following those guidelines is very wrong.

i agree with you, they should encourage both men and women to be born. Its wrong not to have both genders as children and it messes up our natural repopulation cycle and nature.
timmy buck buck
timmy buck buck

Back to top Go down

Post  calientelabios234 Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:54 am

iluvowls wrote:I think it is a good idea to limit the amount of children people can have in China considering it is so overpopulated. I think it is ridiculous, however to abort or abandon baby girls so that names can be passed on. Do these people have no idea that women are needed for that to even happen in the first place?I can understand wanting to have the name passed on but i think these people are taking it a little too seriously. It's not that big of a deal. I do think it is ethical for the Chinese government to tax people for having more than one kid because it is just too overpopulated. If nothing were done about it then there would be way too many people. At least they are not killing the kids after they are born. The government could solve the problem even better by offering free birth control or surgeries to keep people from reproducing after one child.

I think that the Chinese government's intentions were good, but the results were bad. But I think it was a really good idea, to maybe give the women a contraceptive, instead of having killing innocent baby girls! which makes me really mad because girls are better:). The whole passing on the name is not that serious because now the gender distribution is so uneven they will not have anyone to marry and carry on the name!
calientelabios234
calientelabios234

Back to top Go down

Post  Suga-Mama Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Siillee-Differenter wrote:1. What do you think about China's population solution? Do you think it is ethical for a government to mandate how many children a person can have and punish them for not following those guidelines? Why or why not?

China's population solution is an okay idea with me but the social issues it's begining to cause is ridiculous. Limiting to a certain number of kids isnt a big iisue, the issue is the fact that families are basing it all on GENDER. I think that is real unfair. The families shoudn't get punished for having to many kids. There should be a punishment for abandoning, killing, and disowning baby girls or just babies period. I understand how the culture believes the man has more strength an power, but disowning the girl shouldn't be an option because who knows how far the she could get wen she gets older. I think this is a sort of discrimination and it needs to be controled. No
I also think that the law if the law never existed, then so many babies could be spared, because its the law that makes the parents give their child away. If they could have more than one kid, then the families would hopefully stop favoring the boys so much. They wouldn't have to try and give away their baby girls to adoption and try for another boy. This would make the families happier and give the children better lives. They really need to get rid of this unethical law.
Suga-Mama
Suga-Mama

Back to top Go down

Post  Suga-Mama Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:37 pm

calientelabios234 wrote:Personally I do not think i was right for China's government to just mandate how any kids someone can have because, first it is an invasion of the human rights to have kids!! Because most people would like to enjoy both genders as kids... I think they should change it because the risint numbers of boys can cause some serious issues. Unless they would like to have violence everywhere they should take away that law!
I think that its ok for the government to try and keep the population in check, but i dont think that its fair to let so many baby girls get abandoned or put in orphanages. They need to start making laws that punish the people that abandon their children. Its not fair for families or "culture" to discriminate against girls. Girls have just as much potential as boys!
Suga-Mama
Suga-Mama

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - China's Population - Page 2 Empty The women

Post  penguin94 Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:33 pm

Yofeetstink wrote:
aMAIZEing94 wrote:I think China's solution to their population problem is slightly justified only in the fact that they are trying to lessen the amount of children born in a family. There is definitely an overabundance of people in China that may lead to other problems such as shortages in food and other necessary items to survive. China is not justified, however, in killing or abandoning the babies that they do not want. These babies tend to be the females. It is totally unethical and morally wrong. It has led to families feeling as if they must have a boy in order to be functional and they will do anything possible to get that baby boy. It has also led to an overabundance of males in the Chinese population compared to the females. These males seem to have turned to forming gangs and resorting to violence to take up their time. The Chinese can fix these problems by giving females more voices and power in society so that families will then feel more obligated to keep their baby girls. This will eventually resort in equal numbers in the population. I love you Wink

I see where you are coming from and i agree with you if women were given more power in society then families probably would not be so upset about having a girl. Although some families have boys because they want their name to live on and females do not carry on their last name when married so that reason would still stay but giving females more authority would help it out.
I agree. Having the women in charge might make a difference. Maybe then people would want to have a girl. Also, the men cant carry on the family name without the women. If they wanna have kids, it takes two different genders, otherwise, it just doesnt work.
penguin94
penguin94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2