Honors Biology Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hour - Bioethics - Too Old to Have A Baby??

+8
Communistkid
timmy buck buck
iluvowls
Richiee12
tweetywizard
Suga-Mama
gamerdude94
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3rd Hour - Bioethics - Too Old to Have A Baby?? - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - Bioethics - Too Old to Have A Baby??

Post  Richiee12 Sat May 21, 2011 11:42 pm

penguin94 wrote:1.) I think that is okay to have a baby until around forty for both sexes. That way you aren't the "old mamma or papa". I think it's weird to have a baby and you have wrinkles. Besides, when you are older, you tend not to have as much energy or patience so you would most likely not be able to play with your kid as much or treat them kindly.

I said the same thing. The whole having a baby old thing is not the way to do it. Imagine being at your child's graduation at 80, or not even being alive when they do graduate. You need to be able to celebrate with them when they graduate.

Richiee12

Back to top Go down

3rd Hour - Bioethics - Too Old to Have A Baby?? - Page 2 Empty Re: 3rd Hour - Bioethics - Too Old to Have A Baby??

Post  Richiee12 Sat May 21, 2011 11:45 pm

iluvowls wrote:I do think there is point where people should not be allowed fertility help. No matter how healthy you are, you can still be old and I think doctors should consider that. No child should have parents that are old enough to be their grandparents. They will probably die before their kids are old enough to take care of themselves.

There's another way about going about it though. Quite frankly I believe adoption centers should stress the importance of adopting a child. If you're too old to have a child then u need to adopt. Help a child who doesn't have a mom or dad. One who doesn't have a house over their head, or own their own clothing. Help a child call "someone" their mother. Raise that child to be the best they can be to your best ability.

Richiee12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2